Sunday 2 November 2014

146. Marshmallow Chocolate Brownies Ft. Degustabox

I've been signed up to Degustabox for a couple of months now and each month when that email pops up in my inbox to say that my order is on its way, I can't contain my excitement. What could be better than a box of food being delivered to your door? And not just any food; exciting new foods, foods that aren't even available in the shops yet, or foods you would never have thought to try! That is why I love Degustabox


In this months Degustabox, amongst various other products, I received some Dr. Oetker Premium Extra Dark Chocolate and Cocoa Powder. I couldn't wait to try these out so today I whipped up some dark chocolate brownies using Cadbury's recipe which you can find here (I substituted the Cadbury products for the Dr. Oetker ones that I received). 


They were lovely and crispy on top with a delicious soft, gooey centre but the fact that they were made with only dark chocolate and no milk or white chocolate at all, made them a little bitter. So, I decided to have a root through my Degustabox to see if there was anything I could find to spruce them up a bit.

That's when I found Solo Marshmallow Creme. The most American looking, sounding and tasting food ever. If you haven't tried it before, its pretty hard to describe.. It's almost like the inside of a meringue mixed with melted marshmallows.. think the inside of a Tunnock's teacake - just like that.

I've never tried anything like it before but I guessed from the sweetness of the Marshmallow Creme that it would counterbalance the bitterness of the dark chocolate pretty well and, oh my God, it definitely did. 


I topped each brownie with a generous dollop (great word, by the way) of Marshmallow Creme, sprinkled chocolate balls and popping candy over the brownies: a match made in sugary heaven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment