Thursday 17 April 2014

108. Beauty // Bourjois Beauties

I'm a sucker for a bargain so when I saw that Superdrug had a special offer on Bourjois products, I couldn't resist.


Since my Sleek FaceForm palette ran out last month, I've been on the look out for a gorgeous, rose coloured blusher and Bourjois' 'Jasper Rose' blush really caught my eye. For starters, the packaging is adorable - the little pot is so cute and handy! It's got a beautiful pigment, so much so that it looks more like a blusher and a highlighter blended together. 

I find that I have to apply a fair bit - which I do with my Real Techniques blush brush, rather than the small, flat brush provided - to get my desired look, but it is also fantastic at contouring and I feel that it makes my cheekbones stand out more, without looking over the top. 

I also picked up a new powder, in the form of Bourjois' Healthy Balance in Vanilla. It claims to provide a 10 hour matte finish and a healthy glow but I have to admit, I haven't been bowled over. The packaging is lovely and the sleek design means that you can take it just about anywhere with you, but I don't think that it is suited to my skin at all.


Within a couple of hours of wearing the powder, my skin begins to look almost scale-y (y'know, like a lizard?) and my pores look huge. One thing that I've also noticed is that, by the time I get in from work, it looks so patchy and my skin can be, in parts, pale and, in others, very orange which is a look that I've managed to avoid even with the cheapest of powders, so to say I was disappointed is - unfortunately - an understatement. 

I've never been a particularly good sleeper and, since starting working for the company I'm with now, my sleep pattern has been more erratic than usual. I struggle to drop off in the evenings and find it even harder to get out of bed in the morning, so under-eye bags are somewhat of a problem for me. So when I spotted Bourjois 123 Perfect CC Eye Cream, I knew that I had to add it to my everyday make-up kit!

It's a liquid concealer which is quite thick in consistency. Unlike a lot of concealers that I've tried, it doesn't appear cakey or begin to crack after it's been on for a while; it just blends really nicely either under or over my foundation and lasts all day. 

I can honestly say that the skin beneath my eyes now looks the same colour as the rest of my face which - for me - is a success! I'd definitely recommend this concealer although I don't think it lives up to it's claim of being an 'illuminating' concealer. 

Have you tried any of these products?
Which of Bourjois' products would you recommend?

No comments:

Post a Comment