Sunday 6 July 2014

140. Lifestyle // Natty Luxury Milk Drinks

I love to support local businesses, and in Northumberland I'm spoilt for choice. There are some fantastic independent businesses, and I try to avoid the chain stores as much as possible although this isn't always possible. I recently discovered a new luxury drinks company that hails from my hometown of Hexham - Natty

Never heard of them? Well, you're missing out. Natty Luxury Milk drinks are described as being 100% natural, with no hidden nasties, which is a huge bonus for many shoppers in this day and age. They currently stock three delicious flavours and I've been lucky enough to try all three; each flavour is based on a tasty dessert; chocolate orange truffle cake, apple crumble pie and custard, and lemon meringue pie.
Chocolate and orange is one of my favourite flavour combinations and I wasn't at all disappointed by Natty's attempt at the chocolate orange truffle cake, it was deliciously creamy and chocolate-y, with a hint of orange - not overpowering or bitter, just perfect. 

Lemon meringue is also one of my favourite puddings; I love the zingy, lemon flavour and the light texture. Natty's lemon meringue pie was no different - nice and tangy, but creamy enough to cancel out any acidity from the lemon. 

The hands down winner for me was Natty's apple crumble pie and custard milk, which was just amazing. I saved this one til last and ended up wishing I'd bought more than just one! The flavours were absolutely spot on; I could taste every aspect of a traditional apple crumble from the strong flavour apples to the hint of cinnamon which, for me, was the icing on the metaphorical cake. 

The three milk drinks cost me around £5 which I don't think is bad at all for three 330ml delicious, natural drinks. Natty's luxury milk drinks are available from Shake'n and the Pudding Parlour in Hexham, Wheelbirks Parlour in Stocksfield, Fenwick's Food Hall, Quayside Market and various other outlets in Newcastle. You can find out more about them here. 

The wonderful Emily from Geordie in the Kitchen also reviewed Natty's drinks here.

No comments:

Post a Comment