Friday 23 January 2015

153. Nursery Inspiration ft. Pinterest

Hello lovelies.

Although S and I intend to sleep with our baby in our bedroom until he/she is around 6 months old, I still can't help but get carried away looking at beautiful nurseries on Pinterest. I've accumulated a good few pins on my Nursery board and I wanted to share some of my favourites with you today!


I love the subtle nautical theme in this nursery. I think that it would be ideal for either a baby boy or girl (I'm really not into that whole pink is only for girls, blue is only for boys thing). The room looks so bright and airy and the cot is very similar to the one we purchased from Kiddicare recently. I love the idea of the rug on the floor as this would be great for to stimulate the baby as it looks like an interesting, soft texture. 


This cute shelving idea really jumped out at me when I spotted it during a Pinterest browse. I think it's a really fun way of disguising boring shelves and it would work in any room, no matter how big or small. I also think it would be fairly easy to recreate!


Although I'm not sure how expensive this would be to run (or whether it would interfere with a babies sleep), it definitely looks amazing and relatively simple. It gives the baby something to look at when its awake in the night or whilst he/she is being fed and just looks so pretty too. I may have to invest in a few packs of fairy lights to do this nearer the time. 


I think these fun postcards would be a fab way of brightening up a plain wall as well as creating something for the little one to look at and - when he/she is older - learn from. Again, it's super easy, as you would only need the cards, some pegs, some string and a way of hanging it all onto the wall. I really love this idea and think it's something I'll definitely do at some point.

Do you have any quirky ideas for decorating a nursery?
Or any great pins that you'd like to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment