Monday 11 February 2013

4. Beauty // Superdrug Shopping Spree!

Last week, I went a bit mental in Superdrug - as you can see from the below pictures!! - and my bank balance is now feeling very depressed. But, at least I have lots of goodies to show for it! Luckily, my boyfriend gave me some money yesterday to get myself some treats, so I went straight to Superdrug and spent around £50 in total... Oops!



Aussie 'Miracle Shine' Shampoo & 'Colour Mate' Conditioner (2 for £6.99)
Although I haven't used these products yet, I am a huge Aussie fan and always treat myself to their haircare products when I can afford them as the smell is absolutely sublime and they always leave my hair feeling silky smooth. I'll be using these tomorrow night so I will let you know my opinion!

Rimmel 'Fix & Perfect' Primer in 002, £6.99
This is an absolute Godsend! When I had my make-up done professionally on Friday, the beautician suggested I start using a primer so that my make-up stays on longer and looks more flawless. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford Benefit's primer, I found this bargain version by Rimmel for under £7 - compared to over £20 for Benefit's - and so far, so good. I applied it this morning using a new foundation brush and found that, not only did my foundation go on much smoother and look more natural, but I also didn't have to use as much. It's a win-win situation!

Collection 2000 'Colour Pout' Lasting Lip Stain in 'Kiss', £3.99
Lip Stain is something I've been wanting to try for a while as I'm usually too scared to try lipsticks or brightly coloured lipgloss. So when I found this plum toned lip stain I knew I had to have it, especially considering the price tag! When I first applied it, it felt really odd as it's like a felt tip pen and you just pretty much colour your lips in, but the colour is gorgeous and it does last a good few hours. I've been applying clear lipgloss over it to give my lips a nice sheen, and the colour is perfect for a night out.

Collection 2000 '60 Seconds' Nail Polish in 'Twilight' and 'Parma Violet', £1.99 each
I haven't tried these yet but the colours are GORGEOUS! Twilight is a grey-purple shade, and Parma Violet is more of an electric blue/purple colour. I can't wait to try them but I'm sticking to French Manicure nails at the moment, as I have an interview tomorrow and want to look professional and smart.

MUA Pro-Base Conceal & Brighten Kit in Medium Rose
This is fab! It is a set of three different coloured concealers and highlighters all of which are fantastic. I've been using the palest colour to cover up any spots and then the medium shade as a blusher/bronzer and they work really well either under or over foundation!

Collection 2000 Blush & Highlight Cream Duo in Strawberries & Cream
I love, love, LOVE this! The packaging is really cute and simple and the colours are fantastic and blend really well over foundation, even powder. There is a 'strawberry' cream which is used as a blusher and isn't too bright so it looks very natural and rose-tinted rather than a trashy colour, and the highlighter is fantastic! I've been using it under my eyes, above my cheekbones and on my brow and it really works, drawing attention to parts of your face that you're happy with and shaping your face a little bit too. I can't remember how much it costed but it was well under £5, as was the conceal & brighten kit!

Collection 2000 Big Fake Ultimate Mascara in Black
As far as cheap mascaras go, this has proven to be pretty good! I usually use Max Factor mascara's as I absolutely LOVE them, especially False Lash Effect, which is amazing. But I needed a cheaper alternative to keep at my boyfriends so I picked this up whilst I was shopping and I haven't been disappointed. I'd personally say that this mascara focuses more on increasing the length, rather than the thickness and volume, of your lashes, but all in all it's a good budget mascara.

MUA Mosaic Bronzer in Sunkissed Glow
Again, a fantastic and affordable product. It looks gorgeous in the little mosaic pattern and then you apply it and it's perfect too! I'm quite pale so I never want a dark bronzer, I just use it to shape and contour my face a little bit, and it is perfect for that. Some of the shades are very dark but you can easily avoid them and focus on the more sunkissed shades.

MUA Intense Colour Eyeliner in Jet Black
This is a pretty simple product which needs very little explanation. It is a jet black pencil eyeliner which is fantastic for smoky eyes!

Anyway, I have an interview tomorrow morning so I'm off to plan my outfit and give myself a French Manicure in preparation! Wish me luck and I will update later in the week! X



No comments:

Post a Comment