Saturday 24 May 2014

119. Lifestyle // Update

You may have noticed my lack of blogger-presence over the last few weeks, and I think it's about time I explained myself...

As those of you who follow me on Twitter or read my recent mental health post will know, I struggle with anxiety on a day-to-day basis. Sometimes blogging is a wonderful escape for me to write, without anxiety, without doubt, but other times, when my anxiety is really bad, even the internet fills me with panic.

Add into the mix, lots of other normal commitments, stresses and tasks, along with me handing my notice in at work, losing my grandad to cancer and, generally, just feeling quite lost - I, understandably, didn't feel like blogging. 

However, although everything is still up in the air and I'm, by no means, in a good place right now, I feel it's time I pull myself together and put my energy into things that I enjoy, such as blogging. 

Everybody goes through tough times, everybody has bad days, bad weeks or even bad months, and everybody feels a little (or a lot..) lost at times, but dwelling on it won't help - you can only help yourself.

And that's what I'm ready to do.

My mind is now brimming over with ideas for future posts, and I have a couple more planned over the next week or so, such as a #bookbloggers tag, a wishlist and a round-up of some of my favourite Soap & Glory products.

So keep your eyes peeled.

PS. My Blog Sale is still on - check it out here.

2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back Becci and I'm sorry you've been through a rough patch. Life can be difficult sometimes, especially when there's the additional setback of anxiety. I too am struggling of late and blogging is a great escape of sorts. Can't wait to see what posts you've got planned and I have to say, your profile picture is FANTASTIC! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elizabeth, comments like this make all the difference. I'm sorry to hear that you've hit a rough patch lately too but, as with me, it's good to know you're not alone. x

      Delete