In the spirit of the Get Fit in 12 Weeks challenge (which I promise I am trying harder at this week!), I decided I'd cook a high-protein meal for us to enjoy, so last weekend I decided I'd make a delicious stir-fry.
After nipping to the butchers and discussing what meat is best for a stir-fry (as you can imagine, not a very interesting conversation...) I settled for rump steak. One of the perks of having a butcher for a boyfriend is a 20% discount off meat (and that includes bacon sandwiches, praise the lord!) I popped into a couple of shops and picked up some veggies, stir-fry sauce (as if I could be bothered to make my own sauce?! Sorry!) and some noodles and I was good to go.
So on Saturday night, after Shane finished a long shift at work, I made this stir-fry and it went down a treat with a glass of Six Hats shiraz whilst watching Dexter, and it's almost entirely guilt-free. Well, not really... but it's not that bad for you!
Ingredients (for 2)
200g sliced mushrooms
1 x sliced green pepper
1 x diced white onion
400g rump steak in slices
1 tbsp olive oil
3 nests of egg noodles
1 x packet of Blue Dragon Black Bean stir-fry sauce
1 x tin of whole water chestnuts (drained)
1. In a pan of boiling water, cook the noodles for about 4-5 minutes until soft
2. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan
3. When hot, add the steak, onion and mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes
4. Add the green peppers and water chestnuts
5. After another 2-3 minutes, add the drained noodles and stir in the sauce
6. Mix everything together and serve immediately
I'm hoping to create some more healthy(ish) recipes over the next 9 weeks of the Get Fit in 12 Weeks challenge! Next on my list is a refreshing smoothie, so keep your eyes peeled for that one!
Lots of Love,