Tuesday 10 September 2013

76. Recipes // Steak Black Bean Stir-Fry

 In the spirit of the Get Fit in 12 Weeks challenge (which I promise I am trying harder at this week!), I decided I'd cook a high-protein meal for us to enjoy, so last weekend I decided I'd make a delicious stir-fry. 

After nipping to the butchers and discussing what meat is best for a stir-fry (as you can imagine, not a very interesting conversation...) I settled for rump steak. One of the perks of having a butcher for a boyfriend is a 20% discount off meat (and that includes bacon sandwiches, praise the lord!) I popped into a couple of shops and picked up some veggies, stir-fry sauce (as if I could be bothered to make my own sauce?! Sorry!) and some noodles and I was good to go.

So on Saturday night, after Shane finished a long shift at work, I made this stir-fry and it went down a treat with a glass of Six Hats shiraz whilst watching Dexter, and it's almost entirely guilt-free. Well, not really... but it's not that bad for you!

Ingredients (for 2)
200g sliced mushrooms
1 x sliced green pepper
1 x diced white onion
400g rump steak in slices
1 tbsp olive oil
3 nests of egg noodles
1 x packet of Blue Dragon Black Bean stir-fry sauce
1 x tin of whole water chestnuts (drained)




Method
1. In a pan of boiling water, cook the noodles for about 4-5 minutes until soft



2. Heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan
3. When hot, add the steak, onion and mushrooms and fry for 2-3 minutes



4. Add the green peppers and water chestnuts


5. After another 2-3 minutes, add the drained noodles and stir in the sauce
6. Mix everything together and serve immediately 


I'm hoping to create some more healthy(ish) recipes over the next 9 weeks of the Get Fit in 12 Weeks challenge! Next on my list is a refreshing smoothie, so keep your eyes peeled for that one!


Lots of Love,
Becci xo

4 comments:

  1. Ooh looks yum! :)

    www.gingerbreadsmiles.blogspot.co.uk

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really lovely Becci!

    I've never eaten stir fry in my life (I have an issue with peppers and food with little to no sauce) but this looks lovely!

    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! You should try a stir fry, just add some extra sauce :)

      Delete