Monday 16 September 2013

79. Recipes // Homemade Chilli Nachos

Hello guys.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend! I'm lucky enough to only be working two days this week before my mum and I are off to the Lake District for four days - I can't wait! I'll hopefully have more time whilst I'm away to catch up on blogging and get a few posts written up and scheduled, I'll also be able to take some more photographs with my new camera *yay* 

Anyway, I'm getting carried away... Today's post is a really yummy recipe that Shane and I tried for the first time last weekend; nachos with chilli! We've made nachos with cheese and jalapenos and all that jazz before, but this time we made our own chilli and it's surprisingly simple, so here goes!

As we both work full-time and usually don't eat until about 7 o'clock, we decided to take a few shortcuts *cough* ready made mix *cough* so I've been entirely honest about these in the recipe.

Ingredients (for 2/3 people)
400g steak mince
1/2 tin of chopped tomatoes
2 x peppers, sliced
1 x medium sized onion, diced
250g Mexican cheese (available in Iceland and Tesco)
Handful of sliced jalapenos
1 x packet of nachos
1 x tin of baked beans
1tsp chilli powder
1tsp paprika
1 x packet of Schwartz Chilli con Carne mix 

Optional: Guacamole and Soured Cream to serve.

Method
1. Once all your vegetables have been prepped, brown your mince and onion in a pan
2. Whilst the meat is browning, follow the instructions on the Chilli mix to create a sauce
3. When the meat is browned and the onions have softened, add the sauce
4. Also add the baked beans, chopped tomatoes and peppers (and any seasoning)
5. Heat all the way through and then leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes on a low heat
6. Whilst simmering, spread the nachos in a baking dish and grate the cheese
7. When cooked, pour the chilli on top of the nachos and spread evenly


8. Sprinkle with grated cheese and jalapenos (if you want an extra kick!)


9. Cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden


10. Top with guacamole and soured cream, and enjoy!


Have you ever made your own nachos?
Do you have any recipes for homemade guacamole?

Lots of Love,
Becci xo

4 comments:

  1. Yum! This looks delicious :) Chilli nachos are so easy and the perfect meal after a long, cold day. Mexican cheese is lovely - I usually just have normal cheddar on mine but I may have to upgrade next time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like spicy food then chilli cheese will go down a treat! It's especially good on toast! Xxx

      Delete
  2. That looks so good, I've grown such a love for Mexican food the last couple of years. Always a winner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Mexican is one of my faves too, along with Thai and Indian - anything with a bit of spice! Xxx

      Delete