Monday 30 September 2013

83. Lifestyle // (Attempt #2 At The) Spending Ban

As you will know, I attempted a spending ban a month or so ago (here) but failed miserably after just two weeks! Oops. However, here I am, I'm back and I'm raring to go.

September was a very skint month for me as I over spent ridiculously at the start of the month, and suffered the consequences for the next three weeks. But for October I am vowing to be careful with my money, conscious of what I'm spending my pennies on and to live within my means.

Excuse my French...

That means, no more clothes, make-up, beauty, skin and haircare products. No magazines, no bits and bobs for my bedroom, no stationary, books or other unnecessary items! Obviously if I run out of, for example, deodrant or foundation, it can be repurchased but only if it costs the same amount (or less) than the original. That's fair, isn't it?

I'm going to run this Spending Ban from today (Monday, September 30th) until Monday, November 11th. In those 6 weeks, I can obviously spend money on food (but not a fortune on munchies, lunches or snacks whilst I'm at work), seeing friends and spending time with S. It's mainly shopping that's out of the question.

If you follow me on Twitter, you will know that S and I are saving up for a flat, as well as a holiday, and so many other things that we need to make our future together perfect, so it's very important that I learn the importance of money, and I'm hoping this challenge will help me do just that.

I will update once a fortnight to let you all know how I'm getting on and how much money I've saved!

Spending Ban's are all the rage at the moment, so if you're taking part in one too, please leave me a comment to let me know and I can check your posts out!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I've cut most of my spendings but I do miss shopping from time to time :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's addictive isn't it?! I've managed pretty for the last 6 days though, no make-up, clothes, magazines or books! :)

      Delete