Wednesday 3 July 2013

45. Health // Update #1

OK, I have an admission to make. Despite how motivated I thought I was and how much I was ready to get back into healthy eating: the last 7, or 8, days have been a disaster.

I've had one or two days where I stuck to my goals but the rest of the week I've either not thought about what I've eaten, or I've spent all day thinking about (and eating) food. So, yeah, not great.

The only positive change that I've made is that I've been 'doing' more. I now walk to work and back everyday (it's only a twenty minute journey all-in-all but it's half uphill) and, as I get a one-hour lunch break, I've been going for a wander every lunchtime also.

Next week, I'm hoping to go swimming for at least 2 hours with a friend. I did a bit of research and found that swimming is an amazing activity for weight-loss and general health and, in my opinion, it's not too strenuous. The only challenge is braving walking from the changing rooms to the pool in my swimming costume. I cringe at the thought of it.

I think that the reasoning behind my whole failed health-kick this week in particular is that I started a new job and so my routine has been messed about a bit. I've also been away from home so I've not had as much choice when it comes to meal times. I've had to eat what S wants and, trust me, he's not a big fan of salads.

However, I'm now back home and I'm going to write up a real, sensible meal plan for the next 7 days and hopefully stick to it and incorporate some exercise too. Once I get paid from my new job, I'm hoping that I'll be able to go swimming or go to an exercise class, a few times a week.

I hope you enjoyed my little update about my (un)healthy week. 

Note to self: can do better.

Love, Becci xo

No comments:

Post a Comment