I've been craving cheesecake all weekend. I don't know what set it off but I've not be able to get the thought of a delicious creamy cheesecake off my mind so when, whilst browsing recipes this morning, I came across an Oreo cheesecake I knew that it was 'the one.'
I improvised the recipe a bit, as I always do, but there are a few things that didn't get really go according to plan, so I'll write a little note of what I'd change next time, at the end of the recipe. If you'd like to give this recipe a go, it is super easy (and even more delicious).
120ml double cream
150g Oreo biscuits
200g cream cheese
2 x Kinder bars
1. Separate the Oreo biscuit and the cream filling (I used a knife to scrape the filling off)
2. Break biscuits into a consistency you'd like the base of your cheesecake to be
3. Melt butter and mix in biscuits; cover the base of a dish and place in fridge to chill
4. Whip your double cream until it resembles soft peaks
5. Melt Kinder chocolate (I also added a little bit of cream)
6. Mix cream cheese, Oreo filling, sugar and melted Kinder chocolate together
7. Add cream to cream cheese mixture
8. Once base has set, spread the mixture evenly over the top
9. Crumble a leftover biscuit over the top and leave to set
When it says 150g of Oreo biscuits, I think this means just the biscuit (not including the filling) so I'd suggest you use two packets of Oreo's and add a little more butter if needs be. As you can see from the picture below, my base didn't amount to much, so I had to make individual cheesecakes instead.
I also forgot to save an Oreo biscuits (oops...) so I had to use chocolate buttons as decoration instead.
Despite the couple of little mistakes I made, the end product was GORGEOUS. Seriously creamy, rich and indulgent. I'd highly recommend making this for yourself if you like a sweet treat. I'll be making it again soon!
Hope you're all having a lovely weekend,