Last week, whilst browsing online, I stumbled across a recipe for peanut butter and chocolate brownies. My mouth watered instantly. My heart rate increased (as did my BMI, almost simultaneously) and I vowed that I would bake these. No matter what.
I know this sounds very OTT but, seriously, peanut butter? chocolate? brownies? What's not to like?! Although it's an incredibly rich, indulgent and high in fat pudding, it's a delicious treat and goes down incredibly well (especially with ice-cream!)
For the Brownie:
150g milk chocolate,
100g self-raising flour,
200g peanut butter,
3 medium eggs
For the topping:
50g milk chocolate,
50g peanut butter,
50g chocolate chips,
Dash of milk
Before starting: Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 4 and grease a baking tray.
1. In a pan, on the hob, melt the sugar, milk chocolate and peanut butter until the sugar has almost (but not completely) dissolved,
2. Still in the pan, add the 3 eggs one-by-one and beat,
3. Pour the mixture evenly into the baking tray,
4. Melt the left-over peanut butter and drizzle on top of brownie,
5. Bake the brownie for 25-30 minutes or until cooked but still somewhat gooey,
6. Melt the left-over chocolate (whilst milk, if needs be) and drizzle on top of brownie,
7. Sprinkle chocolate chips (or anything you'd like!) over the top and serve, still warm.
Unfortunately, I didn't have any ice-cream to serve with mine but it was still delicious!
Lots of Love,