Thursday 15 August 2013

62. I've been nominated for a Liebster Award!

I was recently nominated for a Liebster Award by the lovely Annie of Annieleaf! I've seen a few posts and tweets about the Liebster Award from fellow bloggers but wasn't really sure what it was until now! Having read through Annie's post about it, I now know a little more about it and I'm happy to take part!

For those of you who don't know, the Liebster Award is for blogs with under 200 followers (like myself!) and the idea is that you pass the award from blog to blog (all with under 200 followers, obvs) and help them gain some recognition as well as building up a bloggers community and also showing a bit of appreciation for the small blogs that you enjoy reading.


Here are the Rules:



1.)  You must link back to the person who followed you.
2.)  You must answer the 11 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3.)  You must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers.
4.)  You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
5.)  You must go to your nominees blog and notify them.


Annie's questions...

1.) What are your hopes for your blog?
~ I hope that my blog continues to grow and that I gain experience, new friends and new interests out of it. I love having a blog as it's somewhere for me to write (my passion!), rant (my bad habit) and share my experiences, inspirations and interests with other people. I'm hoping to get to 50 Bloglovin followers by my 21st birthday (October 15th), so if you enjoy reading my blog please help me out! The link is to your right.

2.) What is your dream job?
~ I have so many dream jobs! I'd love to be a journalist, novelist, history writer, teacher, professional baker, dog-walker, etc... Honestly I could go on all day! I think my dream job would have to be something I was passionate about, something that I wouldn't bore of and something with some flexibility as, with anxiety, sometimes it's really hard  (for weeks on end) to get up and do anything with your day.

3.) What is your all time favorite eye-shadow?
~ I've got to admit, I don't wear eye-shadow all that often! And when I do, it tends to just be gold or purples and silvers for nights out, or just a little bit of white in the corner of my eyes to make me appear more awake.

4.) What is your favorite high-end makeup that you would continue to repurchase?
~ I don't really have any high-end make-up. I'm a bit of a budget beauty blogger, and I love Superdrug, so most (if not all!) or my make-up is high-street.

5.) What is your first high end makeup product?
~ I love Benefit products. Now, I'm not sure whether they are high-end or high-street? I guess they're kind of in the middle... The only expensive products that I ever buy, beauty-wise, are perfumes.

6.) What are your go-to shoes?
~ I'm a massive fan of pumps/flats/whatever you want to call them. I must have about 10 pairs! My current favourite are a pair of pastel-pink pumps for Dorothy Perkins; they're very fairytale-esque and so pretty. But I am also a total sucker for ankle boots!

7.) What is your favorite piece of clothing?
~ I'm madly in love with my Holly Willoughby dress. It's a pale yellow knee length dress which is covered in sketches of hares; it's very Alice in Wonderland, and people compliment me on it everytime I wear it, which is lovely and makes me like it even more! I'll be doing a post featuring this dress very soon!

8.) Fall or spring?
~ I'm definitely an Autumn girl. I love the cold, I love the colours, I love the cosy nights in and being able to wear a scarf and boots! Although every season has it's perks, for me it's definitely Autumn/fall.

9.) Who are your favorite beauty gurus?
~ This makes me sound like an awful beauty blogger (although I'm not so much a beauty blogger as a lifestyle and food blogger!) but I don't really have any beauty gurus. I very rarely copy a celebrities make-up, or watch beauty tutorials on YouTube... My favourite beauty blog however is definitely Kayleigh's!

10.) Who inspires you?
~ I have so many inspirations, and for all sorts of different reasons. In terms of blogging, almost every blog I read (apart from the bloggers with a serious case of bad-attitude) inspire me as I see their blogs as so professional and yet so down-to-earth. I'm also inspired by writers like Cecilia Ahern and Jodi Picoult, because if somebody can write something and make you feel like you're part of the story... well, you've got to respect that!

11.) Favorite store to shop in?
~ Where I live, there are very few clothes shops! Seriously, there is a Next, a Dorothy Perkins, a million charity shops and Tesco's... But when I venture further afield or do a spot of online shopping (don't tempt me!) I always go straight to New Look and ASOS. The variety of clothing they have is brilliant and they do some fantastic designs for the curvier of us ladies!

The 11 bloggers I nominate are:
Bluebird & the Robin
Love, Tilly
Curvy Wordy
Lullaby for Pies
Saffron Tinted Glasses
Elizabeth's Kitchen
Nicola Hearts This
Teal Deer
The Cup and Saucer
itsrebecca
The Sparkly Panda

My 11 questions are:

1. What has been your proudest 'blogger' moment so far?
2. What do you find the worst thing about being a blogger?
3. And how about the best?
4. What is the best book you've ever read?
5. Share your best recipe with me!
6. Where would be your dream holiday?
7. Who is your favourite blogger?
8. Where do you see your blog one year from now?
9. Name a product which you don't think lived up to its hype (beauty/food/fashion/anything!)
10. What is the best compliment you've ever been given about your blog?
11. Do you friends, work colleagues and family know about your blog. If so, what do they think?

Lots of Love,
Becci xo 

3 comments:

  1. Aw thanks Becci! :) Your yellow dress sounds gorgeous, I'm looking forward to reading the post all about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! It's much nicer than it sounds, hehe :-) I'm going to do a review on it very soon (although everybody already knows how much I love it!!) xxx

      Delete
  2. ahh thanks for doing this becci! reading this made me really happy!

    xx Annie

    ReplyDelete