Before I begin I want to apologise for the sheer lack of photographs in this post! It is safe to say, this is the least photogenic recipe I've ever created.
Whenever I see something on special offer I can't resist buying it, no matter what it is. I've walked away from shops with the strangest items before just because they were buy one get one free, or half-price... and it's no different with food.
So, when I spotted blueberries for £0.50 last week, i had to buy them. No, seriously, I had to. There was no alternative. I snapped up two punnets and started o think about what I could do with them. Rather than have them on my desk at work for a healthy snack, I decided I'd bake something. I'd been thinking about baking a lemon drizzle as it's one of my, and my families, favourite cakes so I've created a cake that combines both of their delicious flavours!
Lemon & Blueberry Loaf
150g self-raising flour
150g caster sugar
Juice of 2 lemons
Handful of porridge oats
1. Pre-heat your oven to gas mark 4 or 180 degrees Celsius
2. Grease, or line, a loaf tin
3. Squeeze the juice from 2 lemons
4. In a bowl, mix together the flour, sugar and butter
5. Add the eggs one at a time and stir into the mixture
6. Add the juice of the lemons (and some zest if you like)
7. Stir in the blueberries
8. Pour into the loaf tin and sprinkle with porridge oats
9. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until cooked through
10. Leave to cool before removing from the tin
And then... devour!