Thursday 23 May 2013

22. BEDM // Compliments

Morning guys!
Today's topic for the Blog Everyday in May challenge is 'Compliments: Tell us about the best compliment you've received,' which for me is a difficult topic. I'm one of "those people" who only remembers the criticisms. It's as if my own self-worth is so low that I don't believe (or maybe even just don't listen?) to compliments, from anyone.
However, there is one reoccurring compliment that I receive everyday that always means the world to me and always will, and it's just three simple words:
"I love you"
No matter who utters these words to me, it's the biggest compliment I could ever receive. It never gets old. To me, being told "oh your hair looks lovely today," or "that was a brilliant essay that you wrote!" doesn't mean quite as much as those three words. Don't get me wrong, I do love to be showered with compliments, even if I can't accept them as the truth. But there is more meaning when someone says they love you.
I'm told daily that I'm loved and, for me, that's of huge importance. There have been times when I've been having such a sh*t time that I've lost all hope and no matter what anyone says, I can't be helped. But knowing that someone, anyone, loves me is a great motivator to carry on and it's so humbling.

LOVE
Becci x


No comments:

Post a Comment