Tuesday 21 May 2013

20. BEDM // Dream Job

Morning guys.

My 'dream job' has changed a million times over the years. At one point I wanted to be a vet, then a doctor, then a dentist, a beautician and an estate-agent... it's been a bit of a mixed bag, to say the least. Nowadays, I work in a job that doesn't challenge or stimulate me at all, but I work with some lovely people and it's flexible so I do, strangely, enjoy it, but I'm nowhere near my dream job (yet.)

I've always wanted to be a writer, and I'd imagine that's the same way with a lot of bloggers, so I think that would be my dream job. But what would I write about?! There are so many things that interest me. On the one hand, history is my passion, and I'd love to write a non-fiction book and perhaps articles for history magazines, based on past events that have fascinated me.

On the other hand, I'd love to write chick-lit novels. Cecilia Ahern is a huge role-model for me and I absolutely love the way she writes, if I could write anything even half as good as one of her books, I'd be a happy lady. To me, the idea of being a writer means having freedom. Freedom to write where you want, about what you want and (within reason) when you want.

Imagine having a gorgeous little log-cabin somewhere remote and sitting over-looking a lake writing, or curled up next to the fire with your cup of tea and laptop, jotting down ideas. It would be amazing. 

Fingers crossed I'll get there one day.
For now, blogging will have to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment