Saturday 25 May 2013

23. BEDM // Music Love

Happy Bank Holiday Weekend (again!)

The topic of today's Blog everyday in May, is Music Love. We were asked to write about out 5 favourite albums but I've chosen to focus on my 5 favourite songs instead. I hope some of them are songs that other people love too...

1. Never Tear Us Apart by INXS

I've been a fan of INXS for a few years after discovering a couple of their albums amongst my parents old CDs. To me, this song has the most beautiful lyrics, there are so many amazing lines in the song. People will probably recognise this song as Paloma Faith released a cover of it last year, and someone also sang it on the X-Factor. I absolutely love Michael Hutchence; he was gorgeous, he was a lyrical genius and just a pretty cool guy, at the same time. Although I love most of their songs, the lyrics in this are just that extra bit special.
"I told you that we could fly. 'Cause we all have wings, but some of us don't know why..."
"Two worlds collided... and they could never tear us apart"

2. Just Be by Paloma Faith

Paloma Faith is, by far, my favourite artist. I love her voice, her style and the type of music she writes and sings. Although this song is quite a slow, sad song, I love it. Again, the lyrics are beautiful and you can feel so much emotion through Paloma's voice. 
"You wear me out with frustration and heartache and anger, but we wait for the wave just to wash it away"
"Cause there's no one else in this world, that I'd rather be unhappy with"

3. With or Without You by U2

This song is such a classic. I don't think I've heard anyone say anything bad about it! Again, my love for U2 comes from my parents CDs from the 80s, but I think U2 are still brilliant even now. There's a lot of depth to their lyrics and everything just works for me. I love this song as it's so romantic, the lyrics are probably my favourite out of any song.
"Sleight of hand and twist of fate, On a bed of nails she makes me wait, And I wait without you"

4. Not Enough Time by INXS

Again, another really romantic song. I actually want some of the lyrics from this song tattooed. 
                         "Not enough time for all that I want for you, not enough time for all my love"


5. Pachabel's Canon in D Major
This isn't really a song... as in, it has no lyrics. It's a piece of classical music that my mum plays really well on the piano, and that's how I came across it. It's really lovely, even if you don't like classical music, you'll probably have heard it before as it's a well-known piece of music. Going to have it playing when I walk down the aisle when I get married.

I hope you've enjoyed reading about my favourite pieces of music.
What are yours?

2 comments:

  1. lovely :) definitely yes to U2! amazing amazing amazing! :)

    xx

    http://lullabyforpies.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank-you!! Nice to see someone who shares my music tastes :) I love 80s and early 90s music, not so common amongst my friends! xX

    ReplyDelete