Thursday 16 May 2013

17. BEDM // Pampering

Hello lovelies! 

I'm having a bit of a rotten day, well, a bit of a rotten week to be honest so pampering is the perfect topic for me right now as it's exactly what I need.

To me, pampering myself is an important part of my life. We all work so hard, do so much for others and have very little time for ourselves, so when we finally do get a night to ourselves we should embrace it! For me, that can involve many things.

How do I pamper myself?
- Grab a bar of chocolate, a huge glass (or two..) of wine & snuggle up in bed with my boyfriend and spend the night watching films.
- Get out of the house! I love a nice walk and I'm lucky enough to live in a really beautiful part of the world so there's always somewhere lovely to go. I always end the walk in a cafe with a huge coffee (or hot chocolate, yum!) and a good book.
- Seeing a friend always makes me feel much better too. Whether it's lunch somewhere, a girls night in or just a wander around the shops, it always perks me up so much. 
- Run myself a red-hot bubble-bath, light some candles, play some music & relax. A bubble-bath can cure anything. I mean it. 

And then, of course, there are the beauty treatments! 

I love a good face mask as they're a) so cheap, b) quick & easy and c) always leave my skin feeling as smooth as a baby's bum *cringe* and I find painting my nails quite therapeutic too, as bizarre as that sounds. Perhaps it's because I know that I have to take my time.

So, as you can probably tell, my ideal pamper day would be as follows: a long lie-in, lunch in a lovely cafe with a friend, a nice walk around the park, finishing off a good book (and a good cup of coffee!) somewhere, a bubble-bath and a few beauty treatments and then ending the day in bed, with my boyfriend, a trashy film and plenty of food and drink.

I would actually be in heaven. I can't wait for a day off work so I can do just this :-)

How do you pamper yourselves?
Do you like the sound of my pamper day?

No comments:

Post a Comment