Sunday 26 May 2013

24. BEDM // Fantasy Dinner Party

Morning :-)

I hope you're all having a brilliant Bank Holiday weekend so far! Mine has been a lazy but lovely one. On Saturday morning; I blogged, went out and finished Lord of the Flies in the sunshine, did the garden with my boyfriend and then chilled out with a homemade curry and a few ciders. Today, we're going for a nice walk (as, surprisngly, it's still sunny!) before heading back to mine; I'm going to spend the day with my family whilst S catches up with family and friends at the pub. Lucky him!

So, today's topic is one that I've been looking forwards to: fantasy dinner party. We're asked to think about ideal guests, our menus, entertainment, etc, and I think that's quite fun. Although I've never had my own dinner party (I would love to as soon as I have my own place!) I think guests must be the most important factor, so here's my guest list:

Dawn French - because she is lovely and so entertaining
Russel Brand - he's so interesting and would come out with some great stories!
Stephen Fry - as he would ensure there was some interesting conversations
Cecilia Ahern - as she's such an inspiration to me and surely would be really fun too
Gerard Butler - for obvious reasons (yum)
Lee Mack - to keep everyone smiling


Entertainment

I'm guessing we're allowed people who are dead or alive, and therefore my entertainment would be - as well as my guests - Paloma Faith and INXS. I love both of them in their own right, but I'm sure they could do some amazing duets too.


Food and Drinks

I'd start of with cocktails (yum!) ranging from a Bloody Mary to a Martini, anything and everything! For starters, we'd have a selection of tapas style dishes, followed by a chicken Panang curry with coconut rice and prawn toasts for main, followed by a big fruit pavlova for pudding!


Theme

I've always loved the art-deco style, so I'd decorate my house in 1920's style and ask everyone to dress up in art deco clothing, such as flapper dresses or nice suits for the men. I think it'd be great and we all know Paloma can definitely pull off the 1920s style. 



What do you think of my fantasy dinner party?

No comments:

Post a Comment